Course Outline & Objectives
Data protection law in the UK is undergoing the most significant changes since the Data Protection Act in 1998. The new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect in May 2016 with full compliance from May 2018.
Data Governance can help you meet a significant number of the GDPR requirements as well as delivering wider ranging benefits.
This practical course will provide an overview of the key GDPR requirements, demonstrate how a good Data Governance Framework can help you meet a great number of these and explain which Data Governance deliverables can be leveraged for GDPR purposes.
Specifically attending will help you:
- Gain a high level overview of the GDPR requirements
- Know what Data Governance is and how it can help to comply with GDPR
- Learn the constituent parts of a Data Governance Framework
- Understand which Data Governance deliverables can be used or adapted to meet the requirements of Article 30 of GDPR
- Identify the next steps to embed good data management practices and enable GDPR compliance in an ongoing and sustainable manner
For more information and to register, please click here.
I am delivering this course for CTP.